Monday, September 20, 2010

a psalm of lament


composed summer 2010 during the very intense week.
Oh Dad,
Don't treat me as I deserve
Show my wandering soul your mercy I lose count;
my vast number of transgressions against you piles
My indiscretions are many
My selfishness runs rampant I seek the wrong pleasures
My love for you too often wanes.
I live for this destitute world,
Sin floods my soul, separates me from my life in you
Materialism overwhelms me, The chasm widens.
Need for acceptance leads me down undesirable paths
My thoughts sicken me
My heart betrays you, betrays me, it betrays all which is good.
I am shortsighted, my struggles overwhelm me
I can not contain my sin, your eyes penetrate to my deepest thoughts
You lay me bare
In front of you I can not hide my wrong
I try
Though i try to run, you seek me I attempt to hide, you find this coward
The sh!t I put you through, the crap i cover your image in is detestable.
i writhe in your presence.
Oh Lord, my God.
You wreck me.
Destroy all that is wretched in my soul
Purify me from discontent.
Love this sinner, forgive my morbid humanity.
Hold me in your fatherly embrace Lift me from despair
Rejoice in your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment